On this page you’ll find resources, products, or services that have been useful or life-changing to us! We recommend that you check them out. They’ll make a difference in your journey in becoming more inspired and equipped to live a life of purpose and passion!
- Art of Work – This is a practical book on discovering your life’s work or what you are meant to do. It’s written by Jeff Goins who is an excellent writer, blogger, and who also has a podcast called “The Portfolio Life”.
- Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer – Wow!! Read it and read it again. Maybe you’ve heard the saying, “Change your thoughts, change your life”. This book will change your thoughts, therefore your life! Get your copy.
- “Start: Punch Fear in the Face, Escape Average, and Do Work that Matters” by Jon Acuff – A friend of ours was listening to Dave Ramsey one day when Dave mentioned this guy Jon and his book Start, she immediately thought of us and decided to purchase and give us a copy. We loved it! And if you’re ready to punch fear in the face, escape average, and do work that matters–do yourself a favor and order this book.
- Strengthen Yourself in the Lord – We basically like anything written by Bill Johnson, but this book in particular. We believe it would do every Christian on the planet a great service to their well-being if they read this book.
- You Are a Writer – Another great book by Jeff Goins!
MOVIES, T.V. SHOWS, & DOCUMENTARIES
Movies: Field of Dreams, Joy
T.V. Shows: Fixer Upper, Master Chef, Shark Tank, The Profit, and Undercover Boss
Documentaries: Food Matters
BLOGS & PODCASTS
Here are a list podcasts and podcast episodes that we recommend listening to.
Bethel Church (Podcast)
Doug Addison (Blog)
- “4 Steps to Unlock Your Breakthrough“
- “Do You Know What’s in Your ‘Rooms in Heaven’?“
- “3 Simple Ways to Position Yourself for Hearing God“
- “2 Simple Steps to Change Your Life–Starting This Week“
- “Breakthrough Strategies for Activating Your Prophetic Word“
- “17 Prophetic Declarations to Make Right Now–Before 2017“
- “Prophetic Word for 2017: Get Your Hopes Up!“
- “How to Overcome the Dream Thief this Year [Podcast]“
- “Start with Why with Simon Sinek”
- “How to Live a Life of Meaning with Dan Miller“
- “Being Brilliant at a Moment’s Notice with Todd Henry“
Entrepreneur On Fire (Podcast)
Eternal Leadership (Podcast)
- “Business or Faith, Must I Choose?” with Peter Wagner
- “Find Your Calling and Achieve Your Dreams!” with Cliff Ravenscraft
- “Unite Your Purpose with Your Plan Part 1” and “Unite Your Purpose with Your Plan Part 2” with Lance Wallnau
- “A Paradigm Shift for Prosperity” with Stephen De Silva
- “Boldly Pursue Your Calling with Courage” with Lance Wallnau
- “Doing Business Supernaturally with Lance Wallnau“
- “The Art of Work with Jeff Goins“
Joel Osteen (Podcast)
Kris Vallotton (Blog and Podcast)
Lance Wallnau (Blog)
Loving On Purpose (Blog)
Read to Lead (Podcast)
- “Jeff Goins on Successfully Building a Platform“
- “Todd Henry, Author of Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Every Day“
- “Harness the Power of Your Authentic Voice“
- “Carmine Gallo, Author of Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of World’s Top’s Minds“
- “Finding the Quest that Will Bring Purpose to Your Life with Chris Quillebeau“
- “One Bed, One Bank Account with Derek and Carrie Olsen“
- “The Best Career Book Ever with Jon Acuff“
Smart Passive Income (Podcast)
- “How to Make Next Year the Best Year Ever! Goal Setting, Resistance, and Priorities with Michael Hyatt“
StartupCamp (Blog and Podcast)
- “How to Start a Business for $100 with Chris Guillebeau“
- “5 Brilliant Ways to Become a Better Writer with Jeff Goins“
The Accidental Creative (Podcast)
- “5 Non-Obvious (but Effective) Habits“
- “Jeff Goins on the Art of Work“
- “Jeff Goins on Taking Action in Your Art“
The Art and Business of Public Speaking (Podcast)
- “Jay and Laura Laffoon” – In this episode Ken Davis talks with Jay and Laura Laffoon about communicating as a married couple to each other and to an audience, how a downturn in the economy sparked an idea that has since become their livelihood, and the importance of discerning your dream.
- “Finding Your Calling, Creating Multiple Steams of Income, and Blending Wisdom with Passion with Dan Miller“
The Portfolio Life (Podcast)
- “How to Create Your Own Freedom, Live and Adventure, and Do Work that Matters: a Chat with Chris Guillebeau“
- “The Importance of Being Your True Self“
- “The Secret to Setting Goals that Actually Get Done with Michael Hyatt“
- “The Seven Stages of Finding Your Calling“
- “Launching a Blockbuster Blog on a Budget with Ruth Soukup“
- “Your Voice is Louder than Words with Todd Henry“
This is Your Life with Michael Hyatt (Podcast)
48 Days to the Work You Love with Dan Miller (Podcast)
BLOGGING & WEBSITE HOSTING
- WordPress.org (not WordPress.com) – This is the free blogging software that we use and recommend. It’s the best. Even better, it’s free! Although the software is free, you will need to pay just a few dollars in order to get it self-hosted, but it’s totally worth it. We recommend Bluehost for hosting your website!
- Bluehost – Bluehost is one of the leading web hosts on the Internet, and they offer 24/7 customer service. They also help you register a domain and install WordPress, and you can get set up in minutes. Check out our resource: “How to Start a Blog in 20 Minutes“. Bluehost makes it incredibly easy to get a new site up and running with their one-click automatic WordPress Blog installation. Try Bluehost!
Airbnb – It’s like your home away from home! We love using Airbnb, and have had wonderful experiences! It’s basically living like a local while you travel, so you get a really good feel for the area and the culture. Click here to set up your free account to get a $40 credit towards your first stay!!
Audible – Audio books are great way to read more by listening in your car or walking around the neighborhood. A few really good titles in our Audible library right now are: “Start” by Jon Acuff, “Necessary Endings” by Henry Cloud, “The Millionaire Messenger” by Brendon Burchard, “You Are a Writer” by Jeff Goins, “Essentialism” by Greg McKeown, “Tribes” by Seth Godin, “Talk Like TED” by Carmine Gallo, “The Veil” by Blake Healy, “School of the Seers” by Jonathan Welton, “No More Mondays” by Dan Miller, and “Platform” by Michael Hyatt. Get 2 FREE Audiobooks TODAY by starting a free account.
Coffee – We like coffee:) In fact, we actually met each other at a coffee shop. We were both in Redding, California attending Bethel Church and going to Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry. Often when we tell people that we met in Redding many of them quickly assume that it must have been at church or in school, but no, it was at a local coffee shop:) We actually worked there together, became friends almost right away, and we’ve been drinking coffee together ever since. We’d like to introduce you to the Stay Roasted Coffee Subscription and offer you a free 12oz bag of freshly roasted coffee! You’ll only need to cover the shipping. Claim this exclusive offer HERE!
Norwex – Are you sensitive to household chemicals, or perhaps one of your resolutions this year is to make your home a safer haven for you and your family by reducing your exposure to chemicals? If so, you may want to check out Norwex.
Square Cash App – Exchange money quickly, easily, and for free! We were told about this app by a family member a few months ago, and it’s come in handy for receiving and sending funds among family and friends. Download it for free and get $5 the first time you use it! Download
Note: Some of the resources on this page are free, and some aren’t. Those that are paid resources are affiliate products or services; meaning, if you buy them, we will get a commission at no extra cost to you. Please know that we have personal experience with all of the resources, which is why we recommend them.